View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3322377)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I guess each poster should state what they mean by customer car.
The rolling chassis from a previous season that has been modified to run within any updated regulations.

Engines, for practical reasons, would be current.

I'm also assuming that we don't want just every billionaire wading into F1 and buying the whole kit and kaboodle to run a current chassis and Powertrain from an existing team?

Obviously some chassis will be more successful than others, as will be the same for powertrains. You might say that the billionaire will always out bid a more deserving GP2 team, for example, but I would also put a cap on the overall cost of a chassis and powertrain. Say, £30m total, for chassis and powertrain. The cost of any chassis or powertrain would be fixed by the FIA, depending on what the overall competitiveness of any chassis or engine was during the previous season. So you can mix-and-match, but not spend any more than £30m on any combination.

It might just work, or it might all just be BS.