View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3389778)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Some talk from the paddock in Bahrain is that a number of current teams are putting their hand up for Mercedes power for next year, wanting to take over the McLaren engine supply.

Can't blame the teams for wanting Mercedes engines given the current form of the Mercedes PU. But which team will it be? Sauber has a contract with Ferrari for next year, but they do have history with Mercedes power. And it's well known that Ferrari supply B grade engines to customer teams, keeping the A grade ones for themselves. Just ask STR. Talk suggests Sauber are not that happy with the Ferrari units.

Lotus?? Perhaps Caterham? Caterham are slowly cutting ties with Renault in other areas of business, as things have not gone according to plan.

Or, the big rumour is that it's Red Bull Racing. RBR, even though having a contract with Renault, are apparently free to leave Renault power if they so choose. Marko has publicly commented if things don't change for the better by Monaco, RBR will be looking elsewhere. Rumour also has it Infiniti will be terminating their deal with RBR at the end of 2014. Red Bull Racing Mercedes??
Would Mercedes give a PSU to a top tier team that they think could beat them? I am talking RBR here and I think McLaren is a exception to that at the moment (prior contract about to expire).

Richard

Edit: chilibowl beat me to it!