View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3389860)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
I doubt Mercedes will have an issue supplying RBR PU's if they wanted them. I think they would see it as a plus.
its a plus in that its the sale of another set of engines but is it a plus in terms of exposure? even Renault has complained about being overshadowed by the RB brand.

if Merc wins this year then the pressure is somewhat off but if they lose this year and then lose next year to a engine customer team i would imagine the people on the Merc board would begin to question the logic of a funding a factory effort. from the teams point of view this must be seen as a risk no?

if i was Lauda or Wolff i think i would be trying to block such a deal if i could.

curiously i wonder how much of this is RB engaging in some form of mind games with Merc, stir up some controversy between the team and the head office...plans within plans and all that.