View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1442865)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
F1 is faster over a lap than it has ever been - and it's probably necessary to peg it back a bit to prevent things getting excessive.

As for the point about lowering corner speeds making it less of a challenge - I disagree.

What's more of a challenge - so much downforce a corner is easy flat for everyone - or less downforce and the corner being flat for the most skilled and a lift for others?

As for pay drivers - not even Midland are looking for those now. The depth of talent back to front is probably better than ever.
Midland ARE looking for drivers that bring sponsorship. They even said that in an interview for F1 Racing.

You can have good racing at high speeds, just look at Suzuka.

I think that lowering cornering speeds isn't necessary, or straight-line speeds even. The reduction in downforce this year hasn't challenged the drivers much. The errors we were told would happen haven't.

I'd say the main issue with F1 is the inability for cars to follow each other closely. Not overall speed.