View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3135095)   #918
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The official factory cars, at least dating back to the 908, where mostly white, even when they had sponsorship, more often than not, white featured promently, as it was the original "racing color" of Germany. The Audi and Mercedes-Benz "silver arrow" idea came from the Auto Union and M-B GP cars of the 1930s. However, most Porsche and BMW factory team cars have been mostly white for quite a few years, countless years, almost

However, in today's sponsor age, you don't really get the "national" colors deal, unless the factory does as Audi and Toyota have done and basically sponsor themselves (sliver/black and white/silver/red/black for Audi, and red/white and "electric blue"/white for Toyota). Peugeot's factory colors with the 908 programs were black and while with silver or French tricolor highlights, though in '10 and '11 the cars featured a shade of blue that looked suspiciously like Ford blue.

Speaking of which, in NASCAR, you won't find very much Chevrolet orange, Ford Blue or Toyota Red/White, as all the cars are heavily sponsored.

Knowing the Porsche model since '98, I think that they'll feature the preferred colors of whatever primary sponsor they land, which if that is Porsche itself, then I'd bet on white. After all, Audi and Toyota largely sponsor themselves as factory teams, and I'd think that if Porsche is putting their money where their mouth is, that may be the case for them unless they land a big sponsor.