View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3063007)   #81
ffracer
Rookie

ffracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
For the record, this weekend Intersteps will have a 20% increase in grid numbers to 12 cars, including a member of the Caterham young driver scheme, drivers from Italy, Finland, South Africa, Switzerland, Russia & Mexico, wo is backed by Telmex.

It does suggest that what the series is offering is actually both useful & attractive to many drivers and their backers.
I don't see how 2 extra cars actually suggests anything of the sort. Since Intersteps has never managed to achieve the entry levels which are usually required to justify Championship status, it seems to fall well below the accepted benchmark for being attractive to drivers, although it does seem to enjoy support from others.

I notice on the RSF website it says "The British Automobile Racing Club-run InterSteps Championship - the junior formula that provides a bridge between karting and slicks and wings single-seater racing - also receives substantial RSF financial support."

Can anyone explain exactly what this means?

On the Intersteps page of the BARC website it says "Those involved with the Championship consider that education is a key part of driver development and through the involvement of the MSA Academy and the Racing Steps Foundation aim to offer competitors lecturing and mentoring opportunities in what it will take to become a champion in the sport."

I may be wrong but I think RSF has supported individual drivers in the Intersteps Championship - does it also directly fund the Championship itself?