View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3063155)   #89
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well thank god I was born when I was...from a spectator point of view. Big FF fields, 200+ cars in the Festival which really was an important event back then, just another clubbie today. I recall an F3 support race at the Silverstone F1/F5000 International Trophy with 75 entries, 2 heats and a final. The BTCC was where it should be, a support event to big proper racing cars, but with none of the talentless banger antics they use today. Of course we can't change it, we are where we are...it'll never come back, but I feel for the young racing fans, and drivers..they'll never know or experience how great it was week in week out, often with GP drivers in lesser events. It was simple..FF, FF2000, F3, F2, F1...with perhaps F.Atlantic & F5000 as a sideline. Progress and professionalism driving costs sky high is not always a good thing...but the modern safety aspect definitely is.

But there has to be a way to create a simple ladder to get more cars out there, as at the moment all of the drivers & budgets are diluted over too many 'vested interest' championships.