View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3392992)   #201
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Woah, steady on. This is a less than ideal start but come on, this is a setback for the opening round - and nothing more.

We'll have over 30 cars at Spa and probably won't drop into the 20s for the rest of the season.

This simply a number of circumstances outside teams' and organisers' control. Drop outs so far have been due to poor preparation or political/economic sanctions, not because budgets are out of control. Let's keep our heads here. There will still be 27 cars starting at Silverstone, more than any other FIA world championship entry. I'm going on Saturday and Sunday and I can't bloody wait, as disappointing as this news is.
Sounds just too naive to me, it wasn't that long ago that we saw grids of 50 cars or more at the Silverstone and Spa ILMC rounds and with the introduction of the WEC it's gone downhill from the start. Going global is nice and certainly attracts manufacturers (and keeps them in!) but almost everybody else can't afford it, especially not for a number of years in a row, therefor interested teams start looking for ' alternative' resources which are relatively easier to find in certain parts of the world or in certain branches...

I can easily see SMP dropping out (and not only for Silverstone) as well, leaving just a shaky 25 cars on the grid for the first round.