View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3393018)   #204
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
G4J, you are a level-headed voice of reason. Two cars does not a race series make and WEC is still in a much better position than WTCC at the moment.

For what it's worth, I have, as you rightfully say, prophesed doom, since the series' inception but I don't see this being that moment. I have issues with the way it's run but a 27 car field is not too little, especially when no additional entries could be received, as a result of every other eligible car running in Europe being involved in Saturday's ELMS race.

I still wish I was at Silverstone at the weekend (although I'd have made more effort for a different circuit), but there are still nearly 50 Le Mans compliant cars running in the UK this Easter. They're just split between two races.

Whilst we're wildly speculating, I'd suggest that this might be unconnected to the Russian situation. I would expect them to be a little more direct about the wording of their release if this were the case.

Finally, I am surprised that they're not going to run; if their funding's arrival is as sure as stated, I would have thought there'd be a way to delay necessary payments for a 'few days'.