View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3288516)   #1343
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I wonder about this. I agree that someone on the business side would help. However, is he one of the best to have? His advantage is his French name to gather support and sponsorship. Do you think that now he is a good team boss? Has he made the right decisions for the team generally and in the race? Politically he may even be a liability?
The (first) team he build up has always been considered one of the best.
And selecting the right people to have by your side is a big part of being a good team boss.

But i'm certain that there has been points where he has been a bigger liability than help. But this is problem in most companies started and run by the founder into old age, where he/she loses the grip of whats necessary. So I wouldn't blame Henri Pescarolo for that personally, I would blame his age for it.

This leads to what is probably my biggest hope for Pescarolo Team/Racing, than Henri manages to succesfully restart the team, and in a year or two establishes on the grid as a Dark Horse, and then retires and let the team live without him.
He has earned to have a team named after him, which outlive him.