View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3341322)   #53
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Regardless of the Spanish politics, I think this is a better slate of venues for 2014 than we had in 2013. I'd place Zolder and Navarra about even in my estimation, with Zolder having the nicer surroundings. However, adding Algarve and Brands Hatch is a definite improvement to the calendar.

If I was going to pick a Spanish venue for this series, I'd probably go with Jarama, unless they could get away with not running the chicanes at Jerez or Aragon.
Jarama has noise pollution problems. It's stupid because the track was there first. Jarama needs also to upgrade their facilities because is like going back to the early 80s. There are plans but I don't know if they have secured the funding. There were also plans to close it, sell the land (housing bubble happy years) and build a new track in South Madrid. Fortunately those plans never came off because similar plans (New Valencia Stadium for example) have been a financial disaster.

One of the problems with Spanish tracks is the layout. As motorcycling is very strong in Spain, they are designed with the bikes in mind resulting in twisty and narrow tracks, quite boring for autos.