View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3351812)   #66
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My task at SRO is to make sure that GT3 remains what it is and that any new regulations should be based on something that has had amazing success and continues to do so.

“In 2014 for instance we have the addition of a brand as special as Bentley, a returning Viper, an announced project from Corvette and with all of the existing manufacturers working on their next models, the last thing that is needed is disturbance!
Quote:
The worst year I had was 16-17 cars in one class and WEC has four classes with 5 cars, 8 cars, 6 cars, 8 cars, a series of micro Championships with a micro fight in each. 50% of the participants are on the podium to give them enough sugar that they continue spending a LOT of money to be part of this platform. It’s not easy.

Currently we are getting press releases from some [ELMS] teams who are celebrating finishing second when there are only really three cars. I mean that is an offence to motorsport. To win any class in the Blancpain Series you have to beat what, 15, 20 cars, more!
Now that's something I agree.