View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1347665)   #30
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I say we will have to wait and see and I'm looking forward to finally having the opportunity to see how good this guy really is minus any of the issues that have affected him thus far.

I havn't seen enough to be convinced yet, yes he's pulled off the odd daring move which were exceptional but during his time in Renault I never saw him as being anything special, good yes....better than average....yes....but nothing special. The special guys are the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Adam Carroll, one of the named easily having seen to Alex during the same stage of their career in a single-make series.

It would be unfair to make many comments on Alex since Renault though as the opportunities certainly have been here and there more than anything...although again in a very weak Euro F3000 series last year once he came in he didn't dominate or at least take control as he should have done against lets face its a very poor grid of drivers. Anybody that stands out as being special certainly would have done in my view...maybe not the first time out but certainly as things proceeded. I know he did win but still he should have been winning every time out and top of the timesheets in every session considering the opposition and considering that he is billed as a future star.

Anyway, roll on Brands Hatch or wherever Alex gets his first drive and lets wait and see!

Robbie should certainly whipp a few butts!