View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3060744)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I think what that part of the sport needs to do is rediscover it's roots when you had an easy to understand formula like Formula Ford 1600 and whoever wanted to could build a car to the rules. And it was so popular you could pretty much run just about every weekend somewhere. Everyone knew who the best drivers were because they all had a chance to compete with one another.
who do you think should be responsible for this? i mean, i don't know if that would work in practice. i agree with your sentiments, though essentially it's already in existance with fr2.0. if you build a car that's easy to understand does it open the whole formula up to more cheating though?

fwiw i agree with moneyseeker about the big noisy single seaters point. there's definitely a small army of us who will go and see (and hear) anything big and noisy, but not big enough to come up with 20,000 crowds regularly. i think the cars have to be the perfect size for circuits that already exist for it to be appealing. which f3 already is, albeit a bit too big for some of the narrower ones.