View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:36 (Ref:3632447)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Whether or not the old system had problems, it was still much much better than the new system.

Maybe someone has done a statistical analysis on this, but I don't remember many drivers streaking through the field and winning from 11th place on the grid, having been knocked out of Q2.
Much, much better? My point is that it was only slightly better. It mainly just changed when the final bit happened and confused people who can't count. Daft I agree, but I am merely saying that it isn't really that different.

Obviously not many went through to the win from 11th as there were 10 faster cars out there! The point is 11th may be better than 10th, or as it is now 9th better than 8th as Grosjean said and then demonstrated (and 6th to 8th!). Giving an advantage to someone who achieved less in Q is daft, unfair, and smacks of a show not a sport.

The countdown cut offs were the same for all, so that could still be classed as sport. Even if it's daft.