View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1669493)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting news, and it will certainly be something to keep an eye on (i.e. seeing if it actually comes to fruition).

I am not convinced this style of racing will ever be that popular in Europe, but, then, I suppose, there is a first time for everything.

Is that other stock car series still running in Europe? I cannot remember what it was/is called...used to watch a few rounds of it...had Plato and stuff in it for a bit.

Hmmm....

I wonder if NASCAR itself would be interested in getting identified with it? I don't mean in any "official" capacity (i.e. regulatory or partnership), but rather so that those who see this in Europe will see the NASCAR name.

I am thinking something like NASCAR advertising boarding. Just it is a way, should it become popular, for NASCAR itself to get some expanded interest.

Having said that, though, perhaps it is better to hope not. Such involvement may cause a negative reaction? I am thinking in terms of people in Europe then thinking it is a NASCAR product, thus ignoring it for that reason?

Right, I am rambling...so, hmm, I will stop.