View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2928170)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I adore this circuit, but let's just hope GTCs won't cause as much hassle as last year!

Cytosport should be in much better form since it's a fast and flowing track and therefore really suits the Lola AM - unlike Long Beach and Lime Rock - but nevertheless you can hardly get excited about prototypes can you. That restrictor decrease may slow down the BMWs a little bit, but I'm still not sure whether the Vettes can fight for wins. Great place for that thou, first GT2 victory was scored here two years ago!
I forget, what did the GTC's do last year? I know the race ended because of a GTC off, but it was caused by Cocker in the Drayson car.

I think the Vettes will have a really good shot at this race, especially if the Bavarians are indeed set back by their restrictor decrease. I also wonder how much longer the Risi guys will be off the top step of the podium. We have seen in Europe how good the 458 can be, but they just haven't been able to pull it off here - yet.