View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3067540)   #15
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovef1 View Post
Hello peeps,

If u didn't know, I race in a kart series in malaysia. At the moment I'm racing a 100 cc crg. the only thing i'm allowed to tweak is tyre pressures. The problem I encounter time and time again, is whenever i enter a corner, at the exits, the rev just drops, and it take a lot of time for me to pick up momentum again. I tried being as smooth as possible but to no avail. is there any special method of applying the throttle etc? it seems that I am the only one that suffers most from this and i think its affecting my lap times in a big way; because; i seem to be able to keep up but as soon as i enter the hairpin the guy ahead just pulls away on the exit, and the guy behind just gets on my ass. As usual ur replies are very much appreciated....
It sounds like the kart has got too much grip and is bogging down, ie the karts engine is struggling to overcome the amount of grip from the tyres, try lowering the pressures in the tyres, that will loosen the kart up and should help. Just out of interest what brand/type of tyres are the karts using? Do you know what pressures other racers are using?

Also you could be braking too late, and/or not getting on the throttle early enough.

The best way to think about it is slow in, fast out, you should always have your foot on one of the pedals, so if you're not on the brake then you should be on the throttle.