View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3432813)   #3049
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
So what is HPD's endgame with this DP powerplant? Are they really just content to stick a TT V6 in the back of a Riley DP? Is NSX bodywork on the horizon? If Honda put their weight behind their P2 car, IMSA could be forced to make real changes to the BOP. Another 2 starworks P2's would be nice for next year.

Since we have 2 ESM's, 1-2 Andretti Autosport.
Good question. If I recall the DP version of the engine is slightly larger in displacement than the P2 version. That being said, I think the new coupe for next year will use the current P2 engine, which leads me to believe there is little HPD involvement in the DP project. Has this info been clarified anywhere?