View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2122280)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the only time i really know i have a diesel is when cleaning the layers of oil and soot off the back of the car, and when i put the fuel in at the pump. 3 years of driving a diesel and doing everything a petrol engine would (but cheaper), and honestly? i'll never have a petrol again if i can avoid it. the price difference over in europe alone on diesel is enough to pursuade me of that.
ok, so your small gutless standard superminis aren't a great example of a diesel, but they're often not the best for petrol either. there's some substantial technology and environmental advances going on in diesel powered engines at the moment i guess in the same way petrol had a bit of a revolution when they developed unleaded and catal...catly.. cat converters.
i'm proud to take my diesel around the nurburgring. the only reason it's slow is because i can't afford the hundreds of euros for a tow home and the uninsured damage!