View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3397266)   #658
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I think running the garage 56 entry at Spa or even more outings would be a good idea but I doubt if it would have helped the Green GT car.
What has happened to it anyway?
True indeed, I suspect the Green GT would have needed divine intervention to get it progressed. I suspect the programme is dead as a doornail and the chassis is sitting in someone's workshop gathering dust.

Running at Spa though gives the team an ability to sell seats a little more persuasively, get a bit more exposure for whoever pays to put their name on the side of the car, and adds a bit of provenance for a later sale of the chassis.

The more I think about it the less I think a programme structured solely around a single race, with a product that is only eligible for that one round is particularly sustainable.

In short, something like the Hope Polevision hybrid Courage could work, or thinking back to the Nasamax or Taurus diesel they could fit, but Deltawing, Green GT, or Zeod don't to me look like especially sustainable propositions. Appreciate I may now be drifting a touch off topic, so I shall move on quietly.