View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2364981)   #4
Kilpuri
Rookie

Kilpuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
Taking the booster/servo off will affect pedal feel. A lot of extra pedal effort will also be necessary for the same braking force.

I think that without a smaller master cylinder the pedal will feel very 'dead' making precise braking difficult. Reducing the size of the MC would improve that, or changing the brake pedal ratio if the MC has to remain that size.
On our old car where we had 13/16" MC and 54mm 1 pot front brakes equipped with 285mm rotor and similar rear brakes as this new one, we noticed that when using good brake pads like Ferodo DS1.11 it was horrible to drive with booster, due to pretty easy lock up without any feel on the pedal. We did not tried with those pads without booster. With regular pads brakes were awful without booster, but quite good with it. But on our old car there was Hondas some sort pressure valve in the engine compartment. I am not sure its meaning. When everything worked we did not see any reason to change it.

Back to my original message. Actually due to this extremely simple piping is there a possibility that when using the adjustable pressure valve the brake pedal goes to rock hard, if the pressure valve is completely closed / almost closed?