View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2144261)   #8
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Anyway, just try and get as much driving in as possible... and make sure you have money!
For sure, it sucks you dry plenty.

I'm not keen on asking for a payrise to fund it though

But yeah, I'd advocate proper lessons over an intensive course, had I passed my theory ~2 months before I did - and I could've, I just never got round to it - I probably would've passed my test by now with regular lessons - having started in November - it doesn't take *that* long really.

Also, going out driving for an hour with an instructor is good fun if the instructor is good, which mine is.....although Munky gets a Merc (only an A Class though, not sure if they count ) to learn in, so he wins a bit over the Fiesta my instructor has!

As it is, the test is a number of weeks away now, and so another small pile of money away - but the cost of actually running a car will probably be pretty similar to paying for a lesson a week anyway (excluding buying car/insurance obviously).