View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2144996)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
For someone of my limited experience in cars I think it would recommend six or seven days.
Six or seven days. I can't imagine feeling ready to drive on the roads after that! When I was learning I had 2 lessons a week (3 hours in total) without any additional practice (boyfriend wouldn't - and still won't - let me get insured to drive his car ) and it only took me 3 months to pass my test because I picked everything up quickly.

I'd definitely recommend the pass plus course afterwards - I did my pass plus last month and it was really good to get out on the roads and do some longer journeys on more difficult roads. I'd covered most of the syllabus while I was learning (everything except motorways), but I still think that from the extra experience I got from doing pass plus I'm better equipped for driving on the roads than I was after I passed my test.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'