View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2145038)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely check how long the waiting list is for a test date - I think my test centre was about a 6-8 week wait so I booked in September for a November test, which I could have postponed if I hadn't felt ready to take it. If you pick things up quickly and have the option to practice outside of lessons, it really shouldn't take you too long to pass your test. I was worried it was going to take me as long as it took my sister to pass hers - nearly 12 months (she failed twice) - which would have been depressing. I had to say in October that if I hadn't passed by Christmas I'd give up so that I could afford to pay my rent.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'