View Single Post
Old 6 May 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3534886)   #9
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Thanks Mark,
I have taken on board your comments and passed them on.

I have just had an email from JMR regarding a LS7 they have for sale. Will see how it goes.

Purely out of interest, does anyone (Mark in particular) know how many V8ST spec LS7's there are in NZ full stop? Just curious.....

Thanks again guys

Stu
There are at least 40 Ls7 engines in New Zealand that I know of, they are still the best bang for buck crate engine you can buy, and depending on what your friend ultimately wants to do with the engine, they can be very reliable engines straight out of the box.

If he wants to use it for circuit racing then he needs to gear it so that it never exceeds 6,300 RPM, because the standard scavenge section of the twin G'rotor pump can not keep up with the oil delivery to the mains and big end, and so rapidly over fills the factory dry sump. There is however a very inexpensive and simple solution to that issue by fitting the engine with a secondary bolt on scavenge pump, which is about 1K to buy, plus fitting.

The very best thing your friend can do for himself is ring Randle Edgell, 09-444-6922 and talk to him. No question he has built more LS7 engines, at least 15, than anybody else in New Zealand and can source everything directly from the USA at very good prices, including a complete crate engine.