View Single Post
Old 7 May 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3535001)   #10
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^Thanks Mark, that is exactly the info I was after

Me mate has a 2001 Holden Commodore (at least I think its about 2001), and it currently has an LS1 and I think its also a manual (good man!). He wants to basically make a street legal rocket. He was introduced to the LS7 at SuperTourer meetings that I got him to attend as one of my clients. He spent some time talking to various engineers and team owners etc, and I think most of the conversation around the LS7 was very positive in terms of performance and reliability.

He's your classic young bloke who loves his drifting, and I think he's seen a couple of the drifter guys using LS7's as well (I think one of the top drifters uses and ex-ST engine??). I also believe that ex ST LS7's have been used in powerboats too, but happy to be corrected there.

He's also a talented engine bay-detailer for 'show cars'. He has won awards for his craftsmanship. So I think his intention will be to make a wolf in sheeps clothing, but under the hood will be a pristine LS7, which may be force fed its food. But you will also be able to eat your dinner off it....that's my take on his intentions anyway. He's only young, but he's clearly one of those 'can-do' types that spend time in the workshop and fiddles about with all sorts of engine bits and pieces. He told me the other day that he likes to do things to cars that people reckon is impossible. I find that kind of attitude to all aspects of life encouraging. Hence why I am grateful for the good people in our Msport community that give advice and their time on matters such as this.

The JMR engine (which is wet-sumped) sounds like the best deal at this point, so hopefully they can negotiate a deal. I'm just the middle man here.

Mark, your technical comments above are gold, and its stuff like that which will be very useful for him, so thanks for taking the time to write your posts - it is much appreciated

I'll pass Randles info on to him as well.

Cheers, and maybe, if you're up in the north and a 2001 Holden comes flying past you, it could be the one with the LS7 in it!!

I guess if money was no option then the LSX could be a bit of fun too!