Thread: HSCC Donington
View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3389909)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Grant,
I had to scratch due to a last-minute hitch in the engine rebuild ... no-one's fault, just too many people in the queue .... good machinists are chokka with work at the beginning of the season.

However, I will be at Thruxton sporting an engine rebuilt for the first time in 12 years according to the paperwork that came with the car. Yippee ! and hope to see you there : if not, perhaps at Snetterton or Croft ?
Nick
Ah! Good to hear it was nothing worse. I have heard of others whose season will start later than they had hoped for similar reasons.

On another positive note after a time of disappointment the estate preparation at Donington seems to be making an impression.

In addition to the Formula E HQ development next to the paddock entrance the perimeter road from there to the Exhibition centre and the other side of the EC towards the Museum has been rebuilt with some lovely smooth tarmac. A very welcome development I would say.

If that's the way things are to go once the infield redevelopment and the Formula E campus are complete it should make for a great facility once more.