View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3479590)   #382
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hadn't watched FE before but that race was pretty entertaining. I was struck by how hard to handle the cars seemed at the start - like the drivers didn't have a good feel of how much power they were putting down when they stepped on it.

The pit stops... that's an accident waiting to happen IMHO. Blasting the cars straight out of the garage into the pit lane - even with a good spotter that could cause a terrible crash it seems.

I was puzzled by the unexplained power usage penalty to Trulli.

"Fan Boost" sound like some kind of activity in the grandstands, not something a driver does. I have to look up WTF it is... seems to serve the same purpose as "push to pass" in IndyCar, or DRS in F1, i.e. artificial speed-up to make passing possible.

Finally - what a grid of drivers. Tons of talent and buy-in from some very serious teams. So those are positives. The racing was fun to watch (bonehead move by Montagny notwithstanding). I'd happily watch this were it to make its way to a track near me (well, as a support series... I don't think I'd go out of my way were it headlining).

Last edited by rwintle; 28 Nov 2014 at 14:43. Reason: thought of something else... it happens sometimes!