Old 3 Mar 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2644228)   #49
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
35 entries in. There are definitely some good combinations left out there. Some highly-tipped drivers and teams have hardly been picked

It's funny how these patterns go. There's one top team that's hardly been picked but its drivers have been loads, and then another where the drivers have hardly been picked but the car quite a few times. And there's another top team that's barely been picked along with it's main driver

There's definitely some big potential points to be made yet
Regarding the obvious mention of Ferrari drivers being chosen frequently but not the team, well I think that's because from my brief analysis of the points system, a good scoring (i.e. winning/top 3) driver is easily going to outscore the equivalent positions from either chassis or engine (even taking into account their multiple scorings). And so I don't think people are thinking Ferrari will do poorly this year - quite the opposite - but it makes sense to bag the drivers instead.

Of course I've flown in the face of such logic by ignoring Alonso or Massa when had the chance and have gone with Button! But for one, if you want to win you need to take risks and not just do what everyone else does, and two, in keeping with the selecting good drivers over chassis/engine logic, I wanted to have a solid second driver too. Still Massa over Button could have been a wise choice... we'll just have to see! That's why it's all so exciting!!! Anyway my logic with selecting Button was on the positions gained bonus; Button is someone who may not always qualify right up front this year but with his solid race performance and driving style, he could well consistently make up places in the race and thus perhaps even outscore the winner...