View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2646510)   #323
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
Quite sure this pictures is the start of the 1983 Guia race. Wonder if the Capris were in Group 1 trim for this race as I don't see much reason for modifying the cars to Group A for one race only.

This is the 1984 start: http://www.fotop.net/Reis/Reis36/10a_Jaguar
No Capris close to the Marlboro 635, but plenty of Toyota Corollas and this was the only time the Jags were in Macau.

Jesper
So P Morris backed the Schnitzer cars in '83 as well as '84 then? If that's the case then the CS-H car running in '83 certainly makes more sense.

I suspct that whoever was in it at Macau, that car would've been in Group A spec, as that's how it was at the '82 TT that ORP referrred to earlier. Need to check the '82 Tricentrol results, but was that car actually at the final round in October? if so it would've been converted back to G1 trim after the TT and then back to GA for the Guia race in '83. (unless of course Sawyer-Hoare still had both the cars at Rouse's workshops after '81). Hmmm.....