View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2067856)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pit and Paddock (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Happy to oblige John - it is David Malpas!
Thank you Ian; I'm relying on you to correct any blunders! For those who don't know, Ian was commentating from the antiquated commentary box at Becketts, and on the last lap of each race was having to leave it, jump in his car, drive to the pitlane to interview the podium drivers and then return in time commentate on the next race. Not an unusual occurrence at meetings here (the main commentary position is on the outside of the circuit above the stands, so it would take them even longer!) but surely about time that events of this nature had a resident pit interviewer as the Holly Birkett had the week before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Sad to see the Sabre 6 pull up - I have a soft spot for them!
So do I, having owned 3 in the past. This is Ian Daniels example.

Close up of the 'Auriga' in Craig Brunton's Van Diemen RF92:-

Paul Walton's 1974 Crossle 25F:-

Interesting light and shade effect on Matthew Dean's Reynard 88FF:-

Simon Drabble returns from qualifying his Merlyn Mk6 complete with symbolic engine fire:-

And similarly Jonathan Gomm with a wayward flame from the exhaust of his Lotus Cortina, which only serves to show how you can divert attention from poorly composed pictures!

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Nov 2007 at 09:57.