View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3067564)   #68
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
There was a race for American big bangers at Mallory where someone was using his very nice red American convertable as honourary pace car. He spun it at Devil's Elbow meaning the race went red before it had gone green.
That reminds me of the second Toronto Molson Indy, working yellow on the back wiggly bits (numbers have changed since so no use mentioning station), when Pancho Carter spun the pace car just after our flags on the last pace lap. It's narrow there, and we were practically blinded by the methanol fumes from the full tanks, but I got the flag out. The whole pack, led by Bobby Rahal, split like the Tour de France peleton going through a roundabout, and squeezed by the crosswise pace car left and right. Didn't even have to do another pace lap, as I remember, just carried on without him.

Took us quite a while to get our heart rates under control after that.
keke