View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3423531)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post

You will find that this Post Chief (old money Observer) has no qualms at all about booking/reporting all contact, side to side as well as front to rear, and plenty of my colleagues are of the same view. However, door handle to door handle racing will produce the occasional touch which in isolation is overlooked but the occasional nerf out the way is not.
I'm certainly of the same view.

Quote:
Your problem arises when you visit circuits that do not see much historic (proper) racing and are predominantly used by "modern" championships/series. That also goes for PC's who only see historic racing occasionally.
Some "modern" championships/series are just as strict on driving standards as most historics. I've been around long enough to know which clubs take driving standards seriously & will take appropriate action on misdemeanours - these are the clubs whose meetings come top of my list of meetings to marshal at. Haven't done a BTCC meeting for ten years or so . . .

Quote:
The remedy? on the marshalling side get your coordinator to speak to the Chief Observer and have driving standards emphasised at the morning briefing/sign-on.
I'm in favour of clubs/championships/series appointing their own Driving Standards Observers. They are in a better position to know the individuals who need watching than those of us who may only see them once a year & can observe away from fixed marshals' posts.