View Single Post
Old 21 May 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3408544)   #283
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't use the word "accept" if one doesn't agree with the chances, but rather "learn to live with them" even if you don't like em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I agree with any change that improves the security of pilots and allows to keep the performances of the cars as they are today. If the grass near the track is revealed to be something dangerous it's OK for me (see how Ortelli took off at Monza in 2008 at 0:40).
Would freak accident like that really end differently at rundown to the Indianapolis or Virage Porsche? The asphalt extension would probably be smoother but he'd just smash into the barrier and cause massive wreck anyway.

If we started over analyzing things like that every single straight line everywhere should have extended tarmac runoff on both sides. Even F1 have been able to avoid that on -most- circuits

Why do I actually think they (or FIA) wants the change? Because works teams want to pass other classes from outside the white line if necessary (traffic jams), just as they do at Mulsanne and other areas