Old 21 Mar 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2657336)   #1157
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Perhaps - the rumours are the Turkington family are no beggars - whether that's true I don't know but having a sponsor to pay your racing is far better than writing the cheques yourself.
Colins dad can afford what WSR need..
Quote:
You just know Steve Neal will have bargained some special allowances for the Civic from TOCA.
Yes, he already has!
Quote:
As for everyone's optimism that the Cruze will walk the championship, I'm not sure. The Dunlop tyres aren't proven on it but RML will presumably work around that pretty quickly. And if McDowell is to be in the second car we'll need to see what he can do in his first BTCC season.
The Cruze is a different beast compared to the Lacetti. I am also lead to believe that it is not running the same engine as it's predecessor. More like a proper S2000 engine as oppossed to the Super Tourer engine used last season...

As for McDowell, when he tested for Airwaves BMW at the end of last year he was as quick as Collard and Adam around Brands.