View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3352226)   #82
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Will you be racing in a Stars & Stripes livery?
Hah, not on the entire car! I did like the flag ESM had on the rear quarters though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Congrats Mike! Look forward to seeing your exploits. Are you planning on converting/running the 458 Grand Am that you ran with ESM to GT3-spec, or going with a new/used GT3 car?
Thanks! Ya, I'll be running the same Rolex 458 that we used in the GrandAm series (and the SMP guys are using at Daytona this year). After Daytona it'll be fully upgraded to the latest GT3 spec, but I do like the fact it'll have the more robust GrandAm cage in the car. I'd modify a stock GT3 cage to add higher door bars if I were racing one anyway, so it works out nicely.

Additionally, we'll have wheel mounted paddle shifters added. The car originally came with column mounted paddles like the street car. I never liked them but it wasn't primarily my car so I just rolled with it. We'll also have some fancy cockpit adjustable rollbars from Michelotto which I'm not sure are legal in GT3, but are legal in World Challenge.

Hopefully we can give the Cadillacs a run for their money. I'll be in the GT class, not GT-A.

-mike