Old 28 May 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3412112)   #408
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I hear you. It does seem as though Silverstone would rather spectators not actually show up. They seem to do everything to turn people off the place. The high ticket prices, the lack of bridge / tunnel to main paddock, the 15 foot high fences and so on. We found a couple of those photographer window things open yesterday. There is one or two that no one seem to know about or use. There was about 6 or 7 people all jostling for a position for the window near Chapel. I too was told off by a marshall for apparently being in a place that I "shouldn't have been" despite behind behind barriers etc. If the fences weren't so abundant people wouldn't push their luck with access and viewing. I watched one chap open one of those metal gates near the barriers than start to shoot through it, I mean even I knew that wasn't allowed.

I suppose this all really stems from two things;

1) the debris fences almost totally cover Silverstone

2) media "accreditation" is like an exclusive club, with only the few privaliged and chosen given the access.

You know what I would love to see. I would love it for Silverstone to offer say 10-20 photographer bibs to young/aspiring or amateur photographers. As long as they have the appropriate liability insurance in place, all done on a first come first served basis, or maybe a waiting list or something. Would never happen of course.
I just found it odd during Sunday that i easily walked along Wellington Straight to get to The Loop without being stopped in the morning but in the afternoon there was a chap who was stopping everyone from walking along there. Its just ironic that i decided to go over the Bridge at Hangar Straight and wasn't stopped and managed to get access to the Photography Holes in the fence around the Loop no problem. Just to rub it in i walked by the chap in question with a grin when i was heading home!