the real deal1985
Rookie

United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
the real deal1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Who is it that owns Chevrolet (as in the cars formerly known as Daewoos) now - GM in the US, GM Europe or part GM Europe part Magna? Surely this could be interpreted as a form of slap in the face for T8 in the sense that a factory effort would be run by someone else - unless they know that someone else has got the services of Triple Eight (Ovlov? Kia?)

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

I think we'll see Triple Eight back next year, either as Triple Eight or in a new guise. They know Pro1000 isn't necessarily going to be a success ...
From talking to the PR person at RML Racing Silverline, she said that they owned the Lacetti's that they are running this year. RML has developed the cars for the WTCC and have ownership to use them in the BTCC. I put the point to her that Bamboo Engineering wanted to run a two car team with the Lacetti next year and she said that RML currently have the three Lacetti's (Jackson's, Plato's and Nash's), and if Bamboo wanted to buy one RML could sell them one. She also said that they have the capability to build another Lacetti chasis if it was needed for next year.