View Single Post
Old 8 May 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1908727)   #55
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
Interesting that you noted the trend of moderating seating positions, are they really scaling it back a bit? I haven't sat on newish bikes for a while. A friend has a Gixxer 750, 2001 I think, and its riding position isn't too much, a bit more agressive than my sister-in-laws '97 CBR 600 bar/peg placement-which I find to be a pretty good example of a really nice happy medium for all around riding, commuting slog to fast stuff in the corners to comfortable highway cruising at legalish speeds.

Don't know if you've ever ridden a cruiser, but I never ever got why people like them. I've only been on a few, but it just feels weird and I don't like feeling far away and isolated from what the front end is doing, even for everyday commutiing where an emergency situation pops up in front of you or mid corner. I want to know exactly what my front is doing if I'm throwing out the anchors...
Well the new CBR600RR (redesign) is supposedly very comfortable. I like the feel of my cousin's R1 as well. I mean it's not like sitting in your easy chair, but the new sportbikes aren't all bad.

Never riden a cruiser. But I read a summary once of a guy that owns both a sportbike and a cruiser. He said while the seating position was nicer on longer rides, the fact that you sit more upright on the cruiser meant the spine took a bit more shock. Not sure how true that is though.