Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3350201)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
For the Bentley entry, Happy to see it's a customer effort. Britsh GT doesn't need works teams who came and destroy the competition.
Since when have works teams destroyed the competition? I remember when Lister were in British GT with a works entry and they certainly didnt destroy anything, there was strong competition with the GNM Saleen's and works TVR Speed 12s etc. The same applies when the works Rollcentre Moslers were in British GT, they had lots of competition from Scuderia Ecosse and various other strong Porsche entries.

Im not saying that works teams make a championship, but they certainly don't destroy them either in my experince, providing they are kept in check when the need applies, and they do attract attention, I know that myself and friends of mine liked the fact that there were factory teams in British GT back in the day, nice to see top professional teams and drivers in any series.