View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:830922)   #7
power&glory
Racer

power&glory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just read this at Champweb. I really don't know what to say other than how does Don know these things? I haven't heard anything about this happening so soon.

But would it be turbo or n/a? Would we use the IRL aero package on ovals? I sure hope not, because the real reason I don't like the IRL is the racing they do there. Because I feel like the oval racing they do is artificial with all that downforce, with those big wings and the flugles on the sidepods, and forces drivers to run side by side and thus creates excessive danger. (BTW, I thought the Lausitz race this year was ridiculous for the same reasons). Personally, I think it's more exciting to have very little wing and the Handford Device and see drafting battles, and see drivers have to take a good line and not just be able to take the shortest route like the Indy Lights. I'm not trying to rip the IRL, it's just that I wouldn't want to see high downforce racing become the only way to go on ovals, because, although it's exciting, I think that the "speedway wings" way is even more exciting.

I would rather see turbo engines, but if it was n/a I wouldn't be upset. This would be so amazing though. The CART PPG IndyCar World Series was once as big or bigger than NASCAR in the USA, and if this thing happens we could be right back in the mainstream again, and all of the strengths that each series has developed over the years since the split would combined and we would be very, very strong. Oh please let this happen