View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2721080)   #13
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What good is seeing drivers battle if all the cars are varying in strength? You can see it this year in F1, now that Schumi is in an inferior car, he's total ****. I'd rather see a bunch of identical cars with the drivers having to battle it out than some drivers not showing what they're truly capable of because they cant scrounge up enough money to get a seat in a top car.
...and there are already dozens of single-make spec series that provide exactly that

For some of us, part of the appeal is seeing manufacturers and teams take totally different approaches to winning within a basic set of rules- FWD v RWD, turbo v non-turbo etc

If I want to see how different drivers perform given exactly the same car I'll go and watch Porsche Supercup, Renault Clios or one of the spec single-seater classes- and often with saloon/touring car one-make series you might end up with incredibly close races, but you can also sometimes end up with cars that are incredibly dull to watch and driving standards that deteriorate into a total crashfest.....

Would you go to watch Le Mans if it was run for spec Porsche GT3 Cup cars?