View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2975018)   #271
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Hey all, a couple of days ago i emailed TEAM schubert motorsport asking if they were at least thinking about coming down next year.

Last night i recieved an email from Stefan wendl with this reply.

Hello,

we are considering this race. But it is a very big financial effort. So I can only do this with a proper sponsor or factory back up. We will see where it ends.

Best regards,

Stefan Wendl
Nice work KSM! I really hope they can get the support to come down because they'd be a real asset to the race and take it to Audi, they came second at Spa this year and also won the Dubai and Catalunya 24hr races also. Just hope if they come its not with pay drivers like at Catalunya but moreso their regular drivers such Claudia Hurtgen, Edward Sandstrom etc with enduro help from the likes of Tommy Milner. Handy steerers, all of them.

Hopefully with Audi and possibly Mercedes sending teams down, it'll push BMW to support Schubert to come down. I know the Faster Z4 is heading down but Schubert are the factory blessed/supported Z4 team, they have very strong links with BMW Motorsport.