Thread: Brabham BT35
View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2003, 10:28 (Ref:1538312)   #10
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before I venture to BT36 territory , sorry Andrew , I needed to advise a few things.

The Mike Lawrence book , of which Ron T. was quite complimentary about to me at Eastern Creek a few weeks ago has production lists , I also have , which Mike probably used , thought Ron T. 3 very large sheets apparently commisioned by Bernie E. some time after he purchased Brabhams, and these sheets , painstakingly done in hand , give details in regard to model number , production volume , tracks , wheelbases , fuel tankage ,etc.etc.
Mostly appears the same in the Lawrence book.

If we take the production figures for the cars we are discussing , we get .

BT35 ,

BT35A , 1971 , 3 off , Atlantic. inboard rear brakes , which is exactly BT35-8's specs. except from new with BDA , not twin-cam as per Lawrence.
Also the plate on mine is simply BT35-8 , no mention of an ''A ''

BT35B , 7 off , as FormulaB/Atl. in Lawrence book , but only as Formula B in the sheets.

BT35C , 27 off, as F3 .

BT35X , 4 off , all as hillclimb cars and all with 4 gall fuel tanks.
Two are listed as Ford Twin-cam .
One as Cosworth FVC.
One as 5.0 Repco .

O.K . the last 2 we know about , but I suggest at least one of the first 2 will be the Mike Hawley car , also Lawrence states the 5.0 Repco car was McDowells, do we all agree this is incorrect and he is referring to the BT36X.

Has anybody ever heard or seen ref. to a BT35X -3 , OR -4 , or were they not numbered as such.

Ted , who owns the two cars, i.e one correct and one clone.?????

Bryan.

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Mar 2006 at 10:53. Reason: Thread breakdown alteration