View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2010, 01:49 (Ref:2665198)   #565
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juarez Jed,

I really have to thank you for your patience to read through the draft, and for responding with your thoughts. If anything strikes you later on as questionable, feel free to raise the issue.

I had hoped for some engineering input since laying out the concepts, and to this point none of my private messages have been answered. Tonight I sent a few more, to some big shots.

On the Dallara/ turbo: 575 HP with a 100 lb. weight reduction equalizes the current power to weight ratio of the Dallara/ Honda. It wouldn't be a big problem to achieve either aspect.

Then, the turbo car gets a redesigned engine cover without the honking airbox. Perhaps a reduction in rear wing size, since its now operating in cleaner air. The car will have less drag, further equalizing any peak HP differences. So it will perform differently, and LOOK differently than the Dallara/ Honda.

Thanks again for taking the time to read an respond, it has never happened before. Now that Bernard and Penske are raising some of the same issues, perhaps other people will look a little deeper at the Stay On Track concepts.