View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2002, 17:32 (Ref:217240)   #3
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mulsanne Express

Here is the kit. actually, this is a Liqui Moly 956 kit, but i substituted it because the Rothmans car was underway before i remmebered to take pictures. But this is what it would have looked like, except this is a 956 and it has humps on the rear fenders to clear the bigger Michelin tires.

As you can see, the instructions are, errrr, what they are. The body has some flash on it, but generally, the Starter 962's are as clean as anything outside a BBR. The parts pack contained the turned metal wheels, rubber tires, plactic backing plates to support the photo etched (or P.E. for short) wheel inserts, resin headlight covers, rear wing,steering wheel and axles. Taped to the box lid is the P.E. BBS wheel centers. You peg them to the plastic backing plates with the supplied wheel nuts.

One modification I am planning to the kit is to substitute the wheel inserts. The kit comes with the Porsche/BBS wheel cover discs, but I want to build it with the six spoke speedline wheels. The car started on wet tires, and the wheel covers won't allow the brakes to get enough temperature in the wet.

So, here is the kit in all it's glory. As you can see, there are only about 25 parts or so, but each one must be massaged, so this is no short task.
Attached Thumbnails
roth03.jpg