View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2001, 02:23 (Ref:104588)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pros and cons of your car (Pt. 2)

Yes, I know I did this thread some months ago in the gravel trap but now that we have this excellent Road car forum I figured that re posting it perhaps isn't a bad idea.

So, simple questions. What car do you have, what do you love about it and what do you hate about it.

For me:
I have a 1996 Peugeot 205 GRi (55000 Kms)

Pros:
- Terrific fuel economy. Sometimes I forget to fill it abou (about once every 2 weeks) but I just need some change to buy enough gas to get me trough the day.

- Good performance for a 1.1L engine.

- Small size means that it's very easy to park which is a good thing because most parking lots at the uni have very small places to park.

- For some strange reason peugeot has a status similar to that of BMW or Merc over here (dunno why though). Well, maybe not that much nowadays but it still has a lot of status.....well above brands such as renault, Mazda, chevrolet....

-Visits to the mechanic are very rare and when they have to be made it's usually for minor things.

-The ride is very smooth and both the steering and gearbox have are very soft.

-The car looks so nice when it's clean....

- That CD stereo sounds soooooo nice. It really makes every traffic jam wothwhile.

Cons

- I think that when the designers designed the driving position they only had in mind small or medium size people. I'm relatively tall and the back of the seat is too short and my legs always end up touching the steering wheel even when I move the seat all the way to the back.

- The cabin loses it's adjustment with time and it starts making a lot of noises, in particular over irregular terrains. However it just takes a re-adjustment to fix that.

- Spare parts are by no means cheap.

- It gets dirty very easily. Dark colors look so nice when they're clean but i haven't been able to keep the car clean for more than a week and if more than two weeks without a visit to the car wash and people will start looking at you with disgust.

- Gap between first and second gear is too big.

So, how about you guys??

BTW, no replies will teach me the lesson that sequels are never good