KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoowert
Well, it's like this:-
If the "Incident Board" is the ! sign, it's an insurance thing to warn drivers that the thing that caused yellow flags to be displayed is still there, it's just taken that all drivers have seen it and the marshal waving said flag has got better things to do.
The reason why a set of flags has 2 yellow is because the yellow is seen to be so important That a second one is needed in case a marshal goes ballistic with the flag and forgets to hold on to it! It can happen, when a marshal gets on in years or flags in a force 9 gale. Antone at Donnington yesterday will agree!

I hope that clears up your queries. Now stop messing about and put some of this vast knowledge of motorsport into practise and get down to Brands next weekend. You will enjoy it. Trust me, I'm a marshal!
The Incident Board which I am used to is relatively small about two foot square and coloured white with a black-lined triangle, yellow inside the triangle and the black ! mark and is put onto a pole. The ones I am asking about look like big green noticeboards.

I know all about yesterday's wind chasing the flags around the post, at Brands, even after I had rolled them up and wedged them against the armco.

I'm afraid I can't take you up on your kind offer to return to Brands because it is the BMMC North Annual Dinner Dance on Saturday and I will be getting the opportunity to meet some of my BMMC North colleagues in civvies.