Old 17 Jan 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2816898)   #22
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
It will work just fine if it starts in September or October, but I believe these guys should get behind SF and get some share there. Then of course change the SF focus out from football towards nation against nation concept. I mean, if Barcelona is in SF, only the fans of Barcelona will follow the series. If Spain is in the series, then the whole of Spain will have a reason to follow it. Nation vs Nation is just a wider audience
SF's big advantage is the organization and the cars, they're just fantastic, basically everybody who doesn't like SF is because he/she doesn't get the concept of football & motorsport. Everything else is fantastic, the races are awesome, the car is great, the sound is the best ever and you have some very, very good drivers.
I would love there to be a winter alternative to F1
I agree with that. SF is a great series, whether you like the football club concept or not. I've always thought (since the end of A1GP anyway) that a sister series should be created 'Supernations Formula' Obviously, much like the A1GP concept with maybe even the same drivers and cars run by the same teams, obviously on the same weekends. Talk about that for value from a race weekend (SlF, SnF, and at some GT1)